Wednesday 31 December 2014

Top 7 of 2014!

It is officially the end of the year and I don't know quite how I feel about it but all I can do is look forward to what's ahead. Speaking of which do you like my new colour scheme? I fancied a change :) Anyway I have whittle down all  the books I've read this year down to 7 of the best but apart from that there is no order:

1.Looking for Alaska, John Green.
 I read this nearer the beginning of the year and I was completely sucked in! I can't quit put my finger on why but I really enjoyed this book. I adore John Green's writing style and there was so brilliant character development (1 of my favourite things!) 

2.Cinder, Marissa Meyer
This I literally read in less than 24 hours. I was so fast paced and the world building was excellent! I also read Scarlet the 2nd book in this series and that is worth a mention too.

3.The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet, Bernie Su & Kate Rorick
I couldn't wait for this book to come out I loved the webseries and this book had so much more detail. All the things Lizzie kept quiet on and also you could see her feelings change much more in the book. I can't wait for the Lydia 1 :)

4..Hollow City, Ransom Riggs
This is the sequel to Miss Peregrine's and it was the unique concept with all the old creepy photos intertwined into the story but in this one the story really kicks off and the characters become even more vivid!

5.The Miniaturist, Jessie Burton
This is actually the last book I finished this year and I picked it up because the idea of a dollhouse mimicking the real house was very eerie and intriguing to me and that bit was great but it was so much more! It was the character development and the plot twists that really got me. It deserves every award it has won.

6. The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
This 1 is a bit odd because it took me forever to read, it didn't flow for me yet I loved it. The narration and it being from the German side- I have always found WW2 novels interesting but I had always it from the Allies side so this was... Refreshing really.

7.Landline, Rainbow Rowell 
Now I am a fan of anything Rainbow Rowell and when Landline came out I was so excited to read it and I loved. I found it very different to her other books but in a good way. I became very attached to Georgie and loved the little Fangirl easter egg at the end!


And that as they say is that. I have loved nearly every book I read this year but these are the few who really struck when thinking about this post. What was your best book of 2014? 
Happy New Year!
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment