Friday 12 December 2014

Wintery TBR! (12 Days of Bookmas day 1)

Hello! Welcome to day 1 of 12 Days of Bookmas! Today I am sharing with you my Wintery TBR, what I mean by this is that I am going to show you all the books that I am dying to read. There's a lot of them so I probably won't get through all of them this winter! I've split these into 3 categories.

Firstly the smallest category, Adult:
  • The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. I'm about 100pgs into this and loving it! Also it is the Waterstones Book of the Year so it must be good!
  • All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. All I know of this 1 is that it is a WW2 novel and that it is a bit of a beast at 530pgs!

Next all the young adult I want to read:

  • Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. The 3rd and final book in the Hunger games trilogy.
  • Cress by Marissa Meyer. The 3rd book in the Lunar Chronicles series (1 of my favourite series ever!)
  • Shadow Kissed by Richelle Mead. The 3rd book in the Vampire Academy (a lot of 3rd books)
  • The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. I think this is about a girl with wings. :)

Lastly Classics
  • The Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Grahame. This book is just super cute!
  • Frankenstein, Mary Shelley.
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker.
  • Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson 
  • Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
  • Emma by Jane Austen
  • Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell



I said there were rather a lot! This is more what I feel like reading than what I am definitely going to read. Besides I may get some books for Christmas that will turn this on its head! So many books so little time! 

Merry Christmas!
Jade xx


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your winter TBR list. I didn't even bother with Mockingjay after forcing my way through book 2 of that trilogy. Love the movies though. Usually it's the other way around. The cover of Miniaturist looks interesting. I may have to look into that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I must admit I don't know if I will get through Mockingjay but I hope I will. I'm really enjoying the Miniaturist! I wish I could tell you about it but I don't really know anything, it is so mysterious!

      Delete