Wednesday 3 December 2014

Sept-Nov Wrap-up (Bookmas!)

To start Bookmas off I'm going to let you know what I read in September, October and November cause I never told you guys that :) There is no real order to this cause my reading has been pretty scare these past few months!
  • First on my list is Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell. This is exactly what it says on the tin and it is brilliant! It has cute little illustrations to match the strange (and slightly worrying) things customers say in bookshops. I gave this 4 stars.
  • I also read Private Peaceful, Micheal Morpurgo. This was a re-read for me as I "studied" it in year 8. This is a story of 2 brothers and their family growing up and going through WW1. It is heartbreaking and I may have cried a little. 3 stars
  • The Jane Austen Guide to Life by Lori Smith was a book that I read over all 3 months. I enjoyed this one but the real benefit was that it actually helped me with my essay writing, and since all 4 of my subjects are essay based thats pretty good. This one surprisingly made me cry too (I'm going soft!) this ones 3 stars too.
A lot of the reading I have done recently is for school. Its the first time I've really had to read my texts outside of school ant its very different.
  • A play I read this term is Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" I did this in year 8 or 9 and loved it so doing it again is great! We went on a trip to see it at the RSC in Stratford too and it was amazing! Look out for review of that and another of his comedies soon! Of course this 1 gets 5 stars.
  • I've read through The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald too this term and have enjoyed picking that apart greatly! 3 stars
  • The last book I finished is another play: Agamemnon by Aeschylus. This is my first Greek text and I did like it but I found it difficult to understand at points. 2 stars.
I also have quite a few on the go that I've yet to finish and those are:
  • The Odyssey, Homer
  • Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins.
  • The Miniaturist, Jessie Burton
  • Antigone, Sophocles
So I've been a bit all over the place with my reading and I'm a little behind on my goals but I have big plans for Christmas!

Speak soon,
Jade xx


No comments:

Post a Comment