Sunday 28 December 2014

Did I Meet My Goals This Year?

So its time to see if I met any of my bookish resolutions this year *fingers crossed*

The first was to blog more and I'm going to give this to myself as even though I had some blank spaces I was pretty consistent :)

My second was to read everyday, The background of this is that I tend to super busy and stressed and I stop reading but reading helps me wind down. I still do this and have set a similar goal for 2015.

Next was read 70 books which I whittled down to 42 later and this I didn't quit reach this 1 but I got close! This year I read 38 books.

Another was to read 6 classics. This was looking bad until I started 6th form. I read 6 whole books/plays and then I've read quite a few bits of others (like The Odyssey and Pamela). So this I'm really happy with, it was something I wanted to do but I wasn't sure if I could. 

Deplete my TBR (now this one is really bad!) I had around 50 unread books last year... I now have 62. So that definitely didn't happen!

This one is linked to the last: Buy less books. I believe I brought on average 7 a month last year this year the average is 4 per month. So still not brilliant but I'm happy with that. When it comes to book buying it is going to have to be a gradual process!

4/6 That isn't too bad, I'm pretty happy with it :) And I very nearly got my goal of 42 books. Besides if I complete all of them their won't be anything to improve on and where's the fun in that?! 

Happy New Year!
Jade xx

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on meeting some of your goals. At least out of the 4 average books per month, you read most of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) You know I hadn't looked at it that way

      Delete