Tuesday 8 July 2014

This is what Happy Looks Like Review

This is what happy looks like is by Jennifer E. Smith and is about
2 anonymous pen pals meeting. 1 is constantly in the spotlight and the other is avoiding it at all costs. Graham is an actor and he tries find "E" a girl he has been emailing for months and this book documents the difficulty they both safe. Ellie and Graham are both lost and they need to find themselves before their relationship with each other and their other friendships can be fixed and start to grow.

Overall I enjoyed this book but I did have a few issues. Some of the arguments between character could seem petty at times and I feel that some things were left unresolved at the book. I wanted more to come from Ellie and her father on 4th July. Also the ending left me confussed; on 1 hand I thought that Ellie didnt stand by what she had said through the whole book and that this was not consistent but at the same time I found it completely adorable!

This
book is not very deep, there is character development but if you are looking for a deep, thought provoking novel this is not it. If however you are looking for a light, fluffy, quick and fun read (especially in summer) Than this is it. I couldn't put this down! It is in third person and flips between Ellie and Graham, the design of this book with how in incorporates emails and texts is brilliant! The characters are very likeable and Graham is adorable. Like all good contemporaries it left me wanting more and it left me with a smile on my face and a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I gave this book 4 stars and I can't wait to read more of Jennifer E. Smith's work. If you have read this too I would love to know your opinions. 

Speak soon,
Jade xx


No comments:

Post a Comment