Monday 28 July 2014

July Wrap-up!

This month was the best for reading in a long time! I read 7 books in July which I am super proud of and attribute to all the readathons this month. Because of the amount and the fact I want to write reviews for pretty much all of these I'm not going to tell you about my thoughts on the books like I normally do.

First I read a book I have been longing for for months- The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick. This is a novel based on The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, it is Lizzie's diary spanning just before to just after her videos and gives us insight into more of Lizzie's thoughts, conversations and other things that Lizzie didn't share in her vlogs. I adored this book and gave it 5 stars.

Next I finished Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I liked this book, I just found it a little slow and ended up giving it 3 stars which was not something I thought I would do with a Jane Austen novel.

Then I read Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. This was brilliant! It follows 2 Will Grayson's and what happens to them on their own and also when they meet also Tiny who is awesome. I gave this 4 stars.

Hollow City by Ransom Riggs was my next read. This is the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and is continues straight on from it. This book had the same strange, quirky, tense vibe as the 1st except it was way more action packed; 5 stars.

Then I tackled Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. This is set in 1999/2000 and is about a guy who's job is to read people's emails in an office to make sure they aren't breaking any rules. But instead of sending a warning to these 2 girls he starts falling for 1 of them. I wanted to read this in time for meeting Rainbow Rowell- which as of right now (when I'm writing this) is tomorrow and I can't wait!- cause I can't go if I haven't read one of her books that I own! I gave it 4 stars.

I also read another Northanger Abbey this month but this time by Val Mcdermid. This is a modern retelling of Austen's novel; I liked it but I had a few issues with it that I will go into more depth in my review. I gave it 3 stars.

Lastly I read Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnely. A mermaid book. It is beautifully made and its a good story too. It follows a group of mermaid who have to save their world. I gave it 4 stars.

On the last day of July I read a really good chunk of Landline by Rainbow Rowell and I am loving it!

So that is what I read in July 😃 I don't know how much I am going to read in the first 2 weeks of August as I'm holiday but I will post a small tbr soon.

Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment