Monday 21 July 2014

Booktube-A-Thon 2014 Wrap-up

It has come to an end :( Sorry I didn't post updates for the last half of the week but I didn't much free time and if I did I was either sleeping or reading, so I decided to leave it till today's post. I didn't read as much as I originally wanted to but considering how busy I was I am pretty proud of myself!

I read 3 books this week all of them pretty good too:



First I finished Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. I gave this book 4 stars and I really enjoyed it, I went into it blind and I certain never expected it to be so fun and wacky! I'm not going to into too much detail as I am planning to get a review up soon-which is the same for all of these so keep your eyes peeled! My friend Carolina picked this for me to read so it completes the challenge of reading a book that someone else picked.

Then on Saturday I finished Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. This was so good and I desperately need the next book! It didn't stop from beginning to end, there was always something happening and the author did an amazing job at creating tension. Easily a 5 star book! This completed the challenge of reading a book with pictures in it.

Finally on the last day of the booktube-a-thon I finished Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. This I found quite slow at first but I adored the 2nd half! It was very different to the books I normally read being an adult book and so it kinda dealing with different issues and trials. I have a lot to say on this book so look out for my review. Overall- because I did have a few issues with it- I gave it 4 stars.

And that is all I read during the booktube-a-thon. 3 books, 3 challenges, I am pretty happy with that. Are you happy with how you did if you took part? Yes, I planned to read a lot more but I found that even though I didn't reach my original goal-heck I even changed my TBR slightly- I still enjoyed it and that is the main thing.

Speak soon,
Jade xx


No comments:

Post a Comment