Monday 28 July 2014

July Book Haul

Originally I planned to just do one big end of summer haul but considering the amount I have gained already and the fact that I know I will be getting more I have decided to do one now and another later. So without further ado on with the haul. :)

First of all I got Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo. I read this in school in year 8 and I really want to read it again. It is about 2 brothers in WW1.

I also got The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald, I got this in preparation for my A-level as it is the book I'm studying.

I went on holiday to Wales and while there we went to Laugharne which was where the Poet Dylan Thomas and his family lived and there was a nice little museum. I picked up A Dylan Tomas Treasury, so basically a collection of his work.

Next I got War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I got this because one day I want to read it and it was only £1.99, which is bloody good.

Then I got a book that so many people go on about- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. Over the past 6 months I've really started to enjoy contemporaries so I'm looking forward to this one.
 
Finally I picked up Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas. All I know about this is that it is about an assassin and she has to fight all the other assassins in the kingdom to earn her freedom? Anyway as soon as my friend found out I had this she demanded that I read it straight away- not that I did- but I think that is a sign that it is good don't you think?

Those are all the books that I have aquired over the past month. I don't mind me collecting more as I've managed to practically half my TBR pile this year :)

Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment