Saturday 25 July 2015

The Time and Place book tag

Hello! This tag was created by the lovely Jen Campbell & it's based around how our books tend to have a time & place attached to them from when you brought/read them. You pick 10 of these said books to talk about. Her original video is here so make sure to watch that. Go make a cuppa cause this will be a long 1!
  1. North & South, Elizabeth Gaskell. The memory attached to this is where I bought it. A few years ago I went on holiday with the girlies to Bude, Cornwall and we found a lovely little independent bookshop in the town (I can't remember the name) and I got North & South and was so excited to see it there!
  2. A Little Princess, Frances Hodgson Burnett. I read this when I was 11 very close after my Dad died and I vividly remember going through all the emotions with this book and it having a massive impact not only on my grieve but just my outlook on life and how to live it. Sara Crewe has always been an inspiration to me since then.
  3. Landline, Rainbow Rowell. This is both buying and reading. I got this the day I met Rainbow at 1 of her signings in Birmingham and that in itself was such a great day! I started reading it the next day knowing I was going to America in like 2 days or something and didn't finish it in time. Now I wasn't going to take a signed book with me so left it but I couldn't wait or get into another book so I ended up buying an ebook of it and I can remember finishing it by the pool in Florida trying hold all my emotion and fangirling in as I finished it. 
  4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs. The memory attached to this is that while reading it I went on a school trip to Birmingham Symphony Hall for "Poetry Live" which was to help with our GCSE English lit. I was helpful, a little boring too but I can remember reading on the couch and sneaking bits here and there. I also creeped my friends out with all the photos in it ;)
  5. Throne of Glass, Sarah J Maas. This is going back to my America trip last year again. Like I said I couldn't get that into any books, except this 1, I started it right before we landed and was sitting in the Airport waiting for my Auntie and Uncle to get a car and freaking out at how awesome every little detail was in this book! I was loving it! 
  6. Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins. I remember reading this during school lunch and break and my friends watching me very closely (many had read it already) waiting for me to cry, they're so nice aren't they! It just reminds me of when I was still in secondary school and all of the things we got up to in our lunches :)
  7. The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet, Bernie Su & Kate Rorick. This was the 1st book I remember reading after my GCSEs and in Wales where we stayed in this cute little cottage on a farm. It was such a special book for as the webseries and Pride and Prejudice meant so much to me. And I remember many times when my friend Beth and I would lie on our beds reading (she read it after me). 
  8. Much Ado About Nothing, William Shakespeare. I have read this around 3 or 4 times now. 1st in year 8 then 11 and last year I studied it, I adore this play but the main reason it is on this list is because I went to see it at the RSC last twice and then at the cinema when they broadcasted it. It brought something I loved completely alive and I was captivated! Love's Labour's Won is the best show I have ever seen and Much Ado is my favourite Shakespeare! 
  9. Eleanor & Park, Rainbow Rowell. This was my last book of 2013 and I remember staying at family and being glued to it! It was painful to put it down and I think I read in 1 or 2 days. But I vividly remember finishing this book in bed- at like 3am when everyone in the house was asleep- and wanting to scream, throw the book across the room and run into my Mum's room to rave/rant about it. I couldn't handle the ending! But all the same I loved it, even though I have never had such a strong erge to throw a book!
  10. The Secret Countess, Eva Ibbotson. This last 1 is a little different. Secret Countess is 1 of less than an handful of books that I have read over and over again! I love it! If I am sad or need comforting I go to this book. When I got panicky at school I would go to the library and read passages to calm me down. It is my safety blanket, I know it back to front, it makes me giggle and feel all warm and happy. I don't know why it just does.   




No comments:

Post a Comment