Thursday 2 July 2015

June Wrap-up

Hello lovelies! Today I'm bring you my June wrap-up (which means we are halfway through year!) I read a total of 6 books this month and started quite a few too which I am very happy with :)


  • Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen. This was my 3rd/4th time reading this and I seem to adore it more with each read! 5 stars.
  • Tape, Steven Camden. This book follows a girl in 2013 and a boy in 1993 who are linked by cassette tapes and so much more. Both are going through a tough time and the way this two storylines link is simply beautiful. 4 stars.
  •  Lord Arthur Saville's Crime, Oscar Wilde. This is another 1 of Penguins' little black classics and it is about Arthur who has his palm read and it told he will kill someone. He reaction isn't quite what you would expect. I liked this but I just found so odd. 2.5 stars.
  • The Guest Cat, Takashi Hiraide. This is a very short, very poetic story about a couple living in a guest house on an estate and there is a cat that makes itself at there. This was very well written but I found it so tedious and  boring! I wasn't my cup of tea unfortunately. 1 star.
  • Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde (inc. The Bottle Imp) Robert Louis Stevenson. This "Shilling Shocker" as it was coined back when it was published was very interesting and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The Bottle Imp which is in the back of my edition was my favourite, I thought I had predicted how it was going to end but I was presently surprised. 3 stars.
  • Assassin's Blade, Sarah J Maas. This is a collection of short stories that serve as a prequel to Throne of Glass which I love. However I didn't find this as enjoyable or gripping as Throne of Glass. For starters yes, they are short stories but it is more like a novel split into part sand missing bit, there is an overarching storyline. Also I found the mission a little uncomfortable and knowing what came at the end found it very difficult to read. Having said that I like knowing more about the world now. I would recommend this to fans of the series but don't start with this 1. 3 stars.
So a bit of a mixed bag this month, I also started reading a number of others:
  • The Gracekeepers, Kirsty Logan
  • A Little Princess, Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • Princess Diaries, Meg Cabot
  • Pygmalion, George Bernard Shaw
What was your favourite read in June?
Speak soon,
Jade xx


No comments:

Post a Comment