Wednesday 29 July 2015

T5W: Favourite Character Tropes

Hello lovely readers! I have another Top 5 Wednesday for you today and the topic is character tropes. A character trope is a dominant trait or plot line that you may see frequently (I think).  Quite a few of mine are romance based also cause I'm a sappy so-and-so!

  1. The First however is not a romantic 1. Strong, independent, badass female characters. It is just really nice when all the girls in a story aren't weak and have to be saved.
  2. The whole hate turning to into love. Like Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy, I just love it and it makes my heart sing a little (or alot).
  3. Character development. I know this is very open and vague but I adore character development! When a flawed character grows and tries to learn and comes out the other end still flawed obviously but not as flawed as they were. Like Margaret Hale and John Thornton in North and South they both go through and grow so much and its wonderful to see!
  4.  Flawed characters. Perfect characters are unrealistic and boring flaws make them complex and human and relatable.
  5. My last one is a favourite though I know it doesn't always work and you do need the opposite sometimes; but a happy ending for characters, who doesn't love a happy ending!
Were any of mine on your list? I'd love to discuss :)
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment