Friday 24 July 2015

Recent Makes #1

Hello lovelies! You may or may not know this about me but I am very crafty. I always have a few projects on the go (whether they are ever finished is another matter) and I have tons of ideas and plans for other projects-check my pinterest if you wanna see a hint of those. This is something I picked up from my Mum, who mainly does cross stitch but has done all sorts in her time. Taking all this into account I thought I would start a series on here "Recent Makes" where every now and again I share with you what I have been making with you. This is 1 of those :)

The first thing is my headboard. I finished this over the weekend but have been working on it for ages! I sewed by hand (purely because I couldn't do it accurately enough on the machine) 105 hexagons together using the english paper piecing method, then stapled and stuff to an old desk top with some left over underlay thrown in too- so full on recycling there! Overall I am super, super happy and proud of myself and it is so pretty! Also it means I don't hit my head on the wall which is a bonus!

Too match the headboard I made 2 rows of bunting 1 blue and 1 yellow that used 2 fabrics each that I used in the headboard. (does that make sense?) Anyway I used the machine for this 1 which was a nice change even though I do like doing stuff by hand. I've used these on bookcases and they look all summery :)


Finally I did some more quilting using the same fabric and covered my washing basket/stool to match. This was looking very tatty and old (which is because it is old) so I thought it could do with a little makeover. As well covering the seat I also painted the rest of it the same colour as 3 of my walls (the 4th has tree wallpaper).

Something else I want to give a quick mention to it this cross stitched bookmark. I didn't make it, my Mum did and I love it so I wanted to show it to you :)

So I went a bit crazy with the bedroom this month but I love it even more than before and it's a nice little change. Let me know if you have been making anything recently!
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment