Wednesday 30 September 2015

T5W: Banned Books

Hey, it is Wednesday again and today's top 5 theme is Banned Books. Looking at the list I've only actually read 4 and 2 of them I didn't even like that much but I'll share them with you anyway :)
  1. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. I studied this at GCSE and I loathe it! I was so sick of it by the exam; it is the only book that I say I truly hate. But I read The Pearl by Steinbeck and that wasn't as bad so I may read more of his work in the future.
  2. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D.Salinger. This is the other one I didn't like but I don't feel as strongly about it as Mice and Men. This is a book I can appreciate when it comes to symbolism and meaning and what not but I didn't enjoy it and I'm sorry to the people who love him but I couldn't stand Holden.
  3. 1984, George Orwell. Now this book I do like even if it is a little scary. This was one of those books that made me look at the world and how it all works and I think that is important.
  4. The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald. I read this for the first time last year in summer in preparation for studying it at school. I remember enjoying it but also sensing there was a lot more to the book that I was missing and it was such a pleasure to pick it apart and analysis it at school.
Sorry I can't give you 5 this week, I'll have to read more banned books!
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment