Saturday 19 September 2015

Book Haul #13


Hello lovelies! I have gone slightly crazy with the book buying recently, I had a few bad days where I was in close proximity to bookshops- not a good idea- but I've got a good selection that I'm really looking forward.
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and other classic works, Lewis Carroll. I found this in T.K.Maxx for a really good prize and it's the edition I had my eye on so I picked it up.
  • The Day of the Triffids, John Wyndham, I've wanted this since watching Pemberley Digital's Welcome to Sanditon. I think it is about most of the world going blind and plants try to take over the world.
  • The Elder Edda, Andy Orchard. This is a collection of myths and legends from the Viking and it looks super interesting!
  • All my Friends are Superheroes, Andrew Kaufman. I picked this up because it is one of Carrie Hope Fletcher's favourite books and it sounds good.
  • GIlead, Marilynne Robinson. I picked this up because of Jen Campbell's review and because the 3rd book in this series, Lila, is longlisted for the Man Booker this year. 
  • The World's Wife, Carol Ann Duffy. This is the poetry collection I'm studying this year and the witty poems are about famous men's wives.
  • Lorali, Laura Dockrill. This is a YA mermaid book- which I enjoy! 
There are more than this but I tell you about them another time :)
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment