Monday 7 September 2015

August 2015 Book Haul (part 2)

Hey :) This would be the part 2 of my book haul I promised. I have another 7 books to tell you about today.
  • A Room with a View by E.M.Forster. This is another book for school that I need to have read for September.
  • The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. This is based on A Thousand and One Nights where the ruler of the land takes a wife and every time she ends up dead the next morning. The book follows a girl whose friend was one of his victims and she decides to marry him to exact revenge. There have been so many good things said about this book and I can't what to read it!
  • Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley. I believe this is about a girl who has always struggled to breathe because she belongs to another world which is calling her.
  • Nimona by Noelle Stevenson. This is a graphic novel that just looks so much fun, I love the art too! The author/artist also did the  cover for Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl.
  • Olalla by Robert Louis Stevenson. I read Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde earlier this year and enjoyed so I thought I'd pick up some more of his work. 
  • The Great Winglebury Dual by Charles Dickens. I want to read more Dickens but I'm going to start small. 
  • Anthem for Doomed Youth by Wilfred Owen. I know a little of Owen's poetry from school and I find it very moving and I'm glad to have a little collection of his for my own collection :)
I'm really looking forward to all of these especially Nimona cause I haven't read many graphic novels. I'd love to know if you've read any of these!
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment