Saturday 3 October 2015

September Wrap-up

Hello! So September flew by and I only got a little reading done but I'm not surprised because school was a bit of a shock to the system!
  • The World's Wife, Carol Ann Duffy. This is a collection of poetry based around famous men's wives and their point of views on it. There are women from myths and legends like Penelope and Mrs Sisyphus and then real people like Mrs Darwin and Myra Hindley who is painted as the Devil's wife. It's witty and brilliant! 4.5 stars.
  • The Night is Darkening Round Me, Emily Bronte. This is yet again more poetry, I don't know why but in the past month I've really enjoyed read and picking apart poetry whereas in the past it has been my least favourite part of studying english. I love Emily Bronte's poetry; obviously I like some better than others but that is how it works. Pretty much all her poems are occupied with death but the writing was beautiful.
  • I wanted to briefly talk of all the books I've started to read at school because both English lit. and Classical Civilisation are full of reading! In english I'm currently studying Mean Time by Carol Ann Duffy and Room With a View by E.M.Forster. Then I am re-reading The Odyssey by Homer and Aeschylus' Agamemnon in Classics. It feels so good to be back in school and pulling these texts apart after 6 months away!
  • I'm also currently reading and loving Persuasion by Jane Austen! 
Let me know what you read in September!
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment