Tuesday 2 June 2015

Big March-May Wrap-up!

Hello! Hope you're well :) Today I am bringing you all the books I read in March, April and May since I didn't do a wrap-up for them I figured I'd mash it all together. I didn't much reading in January or February but in March I read 3 books,  5 in April and _ in May

March: The Secret Countess by Eva Ibbotson. This was a re-read and it is one of my favourite books ever! Anna is a refugee from Russia in England, 1918, she has to work as a maid and keep her identity hidden from her employer the Earl of Westerholme but it is so much more!. It was just as good as I remember, 5 (billion) stars :)

Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Grahame. This was a blast to the past for me and I picked it up due to Classic Alice and it was just really fun and I liked the writing style too. 3 stars

Northanger Abbey, Val McDermid. This is a retelling of Jane Austen's story and overall I really enjoyed it, if you want to know my thoughts I posted a review a few days ago. 3 stars.

April: Elizabeth is Missing, this is a mystery novel about a lady, Maud, who has dementia, a review will be up soon so look out for that as I have many mixed feelings on it. 2.5 stars.

The Tinder Box, Hans Christian Andersen. This was a small collection of his work and I really enjoyed it, again I have a review up. 4 stars

Cress & Fairest, Marissa Meyer. These are the 3rd and the 3.5 (maybe) installment to 1 of my favourite series, The Lunar Chronicles. Cress carries the story and was really good but fro me not as good as the first two. 4 stars. Fairest is the backstory of the villain Queen Levana which was interesting but again not amazing. 3.5 stars.

The Beautifull Cassandra, Jane Austen. This is another short collection of just little stories and it was classic Austen but you can tell that she was just having fun and it was so spectacularly ridiculous! 5 stars.

May: I took part in two readathons this month so instead of repeating myself and taking up room here are the wrap-aps from them: Bout of Books 13 & #RYBSAT.


Then in the last week of May I read a smidge of Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.

And that  is what I have been reading these past three months :)
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment