Tuesday 23 June 2015

#Rainbowthon Wrap-up

Hello lovely readers! Today I am wrapping-up the #Rainbowthon which took place last week and was hosted by the Carpe Librum girls. The aim was to read a rainbow and I very nearly got there, I read every colour apart from red, I read a total of 862 pages and finished 4 books:
  • The Guest Cat by Takashi Hiraide. I gave this 2 stars, I could tell it was well written but I found it boring, an entire chapter on a skimmer is not really my cup of tea. This was my green book.
  • Tape by Steven Camden. I gave this 4 stars, it follows a girl in 2013 and a boy in 1993 who are connected by a cassette tape. I love the way these stories were woven together. This was my yellow spine.
  • Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. This was my blue and orange spine and I gave it 3 stars. I enjoyed it and found it very gripping at points, it also has a short story- The Bottle Imp- at the back which I loved.
  • Finally I finished The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas. This is the prequel to the Throne of Glass series and I did enjoy it but nowhere near as much as the 1st book. Also I knew what was coming a the end of this so I did find it difficult to get through. 3 stars. Assassin's Blade was my purple book.
I'm really proud of how much I read even if I didn't stick to my TBR entirely ;) What did you reaad during this last week?
Speak soon, 
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment