Saturday 30 May 2015

A Winning Book Haul!

Hello! Today I'm going to share with you a book haul that I didn't have to pay a penny for, I wa super, super lucky to win 5 books from one of Penguin Platform's videos and I am very excited about them :)


  • Who Governs Britain? Anthony King. I would be lying if I said I was excited for this book but I am very interested in it and I'm also going to lend to a friend who is very into politics. This is a Pelican book that answers the title basically and I really want to understand politics by the time I can vote so I can use mine wisely.
  • Without You, There is No Us, Suki Kim. This is another really interesting one, it is the author's account of teaching English to the sons of the Elite in North Korea. I know very little about North Korea and I think this will be an eye opener!
  • Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda, Becky Albertalli. This has gotten soooo much hype and I'm really looking forward to it. I think it is about Simon coming out to the world after someone reads his emails and finds out he is gay, and I need to read more LGBTQ books because I have only read a few. Plus the copy I have is an ARC and instead of Simon it has my name on the front! How cool is that! :)
  • What She Left, T.R.Richmond. This sound good but scary and I don't do well with that so I will give it a go but I may end up giving it to a friend. But it is about a girl who drowned last year and a Professor has become obsessed with finding out everything he can about her. I had a flick through and it seems to have letters and voicemails etc. and I love epistolary formats :)
  • The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage, The (Mostly) True Story of the First Computer by Sydney Padua. Now I left best till last, this is the one I am most excited for. It is about Victorian mathematicians/mechanic who where genius and if Babbage had lived he would have created the very first computer, in this graphic novel (I think, it has like pages of writing too, it's a bit of a mix) It is written as if these two DID finish their work and use their invention to fight crime. It sounds amazing, I love anything Victorian and the design is gorgeous! 
And that is my book haul, thank you so much to Penguin Platform for these!
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment