Tuesday 16 June 2015

Shakespeare Summer Challenge!

Hello! So I have decided to to set myself a challenge this summer and that challenge is to read 3 of Shakespeare's plays. The reasons this is that 1 I'm an English student and need to read widely and 2, I say I love Shakespeare but I've only actually read 1 of his plays all the way through, which is Much Ado About Nothing. The 3 plays that I am planning to read this summer are:

  • Love's Labour's Lost- which I saw at the RSC last year but want to read.
  • Romeo and Juliet- obviously I know the story, I've read bits in class and even performed the prologue but never read it.
  • Macbeth- Again the same as R&J, I even used a scene of this in my GCSE coursework!
So they are all plays I am familiar with so I'm hoping to understand them! If you want to join in and pick 3  plays yourself or read some of his poetry that would be awesome and we could fall in love with Shakespeare together!

Speak soon,
Jade xx



No comments:

Post a Comment