Sunday 31 August 2014

#CatchUpReadathon Wrap-up!

I am super, super sad that this week has come to end, I have really enjoyed this readathon from the videos I've watched to what I've read (mostly). I am also really happy with amount I read too-
(little reminder that i didn't really stick to the challenges due to all the reading I had to do for school)

So on the first day I finished the Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald, I read around 130pgs of that. This I am going to count for the book that I had abandoned and needed to finish. I gave it 3 stars in the end, I found this book a little odd but it was still good and I will post a review of it later next week with all my detailed thoughts on it.

After that I just read whatever here and there and any of these can kinda count for the gifted/borrowed challenge as they are all from the library:

I read a selection of both Tennyson and Keats which was a very mixed bag; some I loved others not so much... Either way the poetry I read adds up to about 90pgs.

I also read The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, which was 229pgs and... I really, really didn't like this book and I found it really hard to get through. Again i will post a review of this soon once I organize my thoughts.

Little extras that I read were these 2 booklets for school on Ancient Greece and mainly like Troy and Mycenae and stuff but there was a hell of a lot to read so they were 60pgs.

So that is was I read this week- a total 509pgs!- this was easily the most successful readathon I have taken part in for awhile all the others I kinda failed on :/ I really hope that you enjoyed what you read this week and thank you so so much to Sarah from the Book People for running this, it has been awesome!

Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment