Monday 25 August 2014

A Chat

Hello lovely people!

So I have been a little absent this week on the bout of books front. Sorry, this past week was so unbelievably busy and in the end I didn't really have time to read let alone blog about it. So I will say this about my Bout of Books success- less than 200pgs. Yeah... I read about 2/3s of Great Gatsby and some poetry. But that doesn't matter because as of today it is the #CatchUpReadathon which is being held by the lovely Sophie at The Book People and I am going to be taking part! I will post my TBR later today for you all to see.

Next up I want to talk to you about me- I know exciting!- basically I just want you guys to know what is happening in my life and what you can expect to see on this blog in the near future. Many of you may know that earlier this year I took my GCSEs and I now have those results. Long story short I got 3Cs, 4Bs, 4As and a C in AS Philosophy. Overall I am absolutely chuffed to bits with this! This means that in September I will be starting 6th Form and I will be taking History, English lit, Classical Civilization and Psychology. I have very mixed feelings about this; on one hand I am super nervous and I know going back to school (especially when the work is going to be a hell of a lot harder) after all this time will be a massive shock to the system. But I'm also really looking forward to starting these courses that I find super interesting and will hopefully love. I am looking forward to seeing old and new friends, the fact I don't have a school uniform now and that instead of a 40 minute walk its less than 5! So as you can tell I'm not quite where I stand with this yet, however I am pretty certain that- at least at 1st- I won't be reading as much and that I may struggle with keeping this blog up to date. So this is pre-warning. At least while I adjust to A-levels I may not be as present on here as I have managed over the summer (cause, honestly I am quite proud of how consistent I've been). I will carry this on because I love it! Dream of Reading is almost like a child to me.

I will still be posting this week (in fact I have quit a few posts planned) but after 3rd September the frequency may go down a little, so enjoy it while it lasts! To anyone who also got their exam results on Thursday, I really hope you got what you wanted and congratulations- you survived ;)

Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment