Tuesday 19 May 2015

Bout of Books 13 Wrap-up!

Hello! So I know that this is a day late and that I may or may not have forgotten about it yesterday, but better late than never :) Last week was Bout of Books 13 and even though this time I didn't take part in challenges or update everyday but I really enjoyed myself and I read a ton!

When I updated you on Friday I had read 427pgs and finished 3 books. I went on that day to read 28pgs of The Odyssey by Homer making my total 455pgs. Then on Saturday I read another 53pgs of The Odyssey meaning I had read 508pgs. On the Sunday, the last day of the readathon I finished The Odyssey (49pgs) and also The Bronte Sisters by Catherine Reef (173pgs) Then lastly I finished the night off with reading Curious, if True from the The Old Nurse's Story by Elizabeth Gaskell which is one of Penguin's Little Black Classics which was 22pgs long.

So over I read 752pgs and finished 51/2  books which were:

  • Medea, Euripides. 3 stars
  • All I know Now, Carrie Hope Fletcher. 5 stars
  • Cranford, Elizabeth Gaskell. 4 stars
  • The Odyssey, Homer. 2 stars
  • The Bronte Sisters, Catherine Reef. 3 stars 
  • The Old Nurse's Story, Elizabeth Gaskell (the half) 3 stars

And that was my wrap-up, I am super proud of all the reading I did this past week it felt really good to read again :) Let me know how you did too!

Speak soon, 
Jade xx




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow you finished The Odyssey. I really want to finish that this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really enjoyed it though it may have not been the best choice for a readathon but I wanted to get it finished for school :)

      Delete