Friday 24 January 2014

Top Classics

So as I fore mentioned, I've read a few classics and I thought I would share with you my favourite 3. (I haven't read that many more than these)-





1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte- I love this story so much! I just look up to Jane so much, she has such a high level of self-respect. I really like the writing style and the gothic element of it. Also I constantly watch all the adaptations including the webseries on youtube (Autobiography of Jane Eyre, look it up its awesome!!)

2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- Austen's writing is so witty and light-hearted but also she seems to understand her society to the tee! Plus Elizabeth and Darcy's character development is on point, and their love story, I swear is the greatest ever! (psst watch The Lizzie Bennet Diaries on youtube too!)

3. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell- This is very similar to P&P but I love the industrial revolution setting and politics, it is a really interesting dynamic between the masters and workers and also Margaret Hale (from the south) and John Thornton (from the north). What makes this book for is how much insight we get of Thornton's thoughts and feelings.

Others that deserve a mention are 1984 by George Orwell which I found it really well written, super thought provoking and slightly creepy too. Also I have read some of Edgar Allen Poe's work with school and really liked them, I have my own selection of his work now, so will be reading more of his stuff.

What is your favourite classic? Also let me know if you watch any of the webseries!

No comments:

Post a Comment