Friday 10 January 2014

Bout of Books Day 4

Sorry this is later than the others have been, the end of the week is always more hectic for me. But I still managed to get over 100pgs so I'm super happy.

 I finished Nothing O'clock which is the Eleventh Doctor's 50th story, and it was... ok... the plot was good and it was really, really nice to have Amy in it- I miss her. But Neil Gaimen just didn't seem to capture the Doctor; maybe its just because the Tenth's story was just so perfect and my expectations were high character wise. However I did really enjoy Gaimen's writing. Yeah, mixed views on this. Nothing O'clock is an audio book and I finished it about half-way to school, so I decided to re-listen- for like the 3rd time- tifios; I have the one that is read by John Green and I love it so much!

I also finished Death comes to Pemberley finally! It was good, not great but also not terrible. I'm planning to do a review and comparison of the novel by P.D.James and the BBC series that was on over Christmas/New Year, which I loved. So that will be up some time next week, with some lie mini-reviews of other books I've read recently.

Books: Death Comes to Pemberley, Nothing O'clock and The Fault in our Stars.
Today's pg count: 148
Total pg count: 562
No. of books finished: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment