Saturday 11 January 2014

Bout of Books Challenges Day 6

I've been too busy/lazy to do any of these for a few days but its a Saturday and this one really caught my eye today. Its called Book Staging and is hosted by Midnight Book Girl.

My entry for this is Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre- one of my favourite stories. (ignore the top left corner)


  • First I put the image in black and white to give it that gothic vibe
  • The book nearer the front and lower is my copy of Jane Eyre
  • The other book is Pamela but I chose to have it in the photo because of the locks and keys; they represent secrecy and being trapped
  • The candle is to symbolise fire and also the cross and other images represent faith. (its my christening candle)
  • Wise the owl (he's very small) shows Jane's wisdom
  • The tea-cup and Ferro "Rochesteyre" box are a nod to the webseries adaptation, But also I think tea suits Jane really well, what with the calmness and class its related with :)
I think English lit. is getting to me, I've gone all theme-y with this; part from the last bullet- that is just my fangirl side showing. I'd say this is the best challenge yet that I have done, you can really think about it if you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment