Sunday 5 January 2014

2014 Bookish Resolutions!

Welcome 2014! Wait what? 2014... where the hell did 2013 go?! I feel like my life is just slipping away. But yeah, happy new year everyone and I hope you had a great Christmas! So along with the usual boring resolutions- exercise more, be more healthy, pass my GCSEs- I have made some book related ones, and these are them:

1. Blog- the start of this blog kinda fell flat on it's face because of my inability to cope with school; so I'm starting again and I will continue it this time (I don't have any exams to get in the way either). I really enjoy blogging and I want to carry on with it.

2. Read Everyday- I tend to let school take over my life and then spend what little time I have on the internet. And although I'm not going to cut the internet out of my life totally, reading is more relaxing and productive and I love it more too. So every night I am going to wind down with a good old book.

3. Read 70 books this year- I wanted to set a goal which I would be proud to reach but also one I can reach and I think this is possible. I know a popular one is 100, which I may try when I don't have to take my GCSEs, move schools and start my A-levels.

4. Read 6 classics- I discovered the world of classics last year, and I really want to read more of them and I think the equivalent of 1 every 2 months I think is still a lot, but also it doesn't put any pressure on, because they do take a while to read and get used to the writing style.

5. Deplete my TBR pile- I literally have nearly 2 shelves worth of unread books. This is really bad! So this year that is going to shrink.

6. Buy less books- Up until 2012 I only brought the odd book or my Mum would buy me one, and I would have 1 or 2 books waiting to be read. But in 2012 I started buying a few more but also I read more, so it was balanced. Then in 2013 reading went down and buying went all the way up! Hence the massive TBR. So to kept the depleted TBR down I am going to refrain form buying as many books. (says the girl who brought 2 books today!) Apart from when I finish my exams- once everything is done and dusted, I am treating myself to a little spree!

So those are my bookish resolutions. I am quite confident really, but we will just have to see how I do this time next year. Have you got any resolutions, especially book-related ones?

Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment