Friday 24 January 2014

Classics TBR

Last year I discovered classics. Some people think they are dull or no different to modern novels; but I'm in that group that find them really magically. Yes perhaps they're not as exciting or fast pace. And do I think they are better? Not particularly. Yet I truly love reading them, they make you think. However I've only read around 5ish, so naturally I want to read more. I set myself a goal of 6 for this year however there are many more and I don't know which 6 they are going to be.

Awhile back I got an email from Penguin who were being very naughty with a sale on their English libraries and I already owned some, so the list is quite long really...


  • Pamela, Samuel Richardson (currently reading)  
  • Emma, Jane Austen
  • Great Expectations, Charles Dickens
  • The Little White Horse, Elizabeth Goudge 
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, Lewis Carroll
  • Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte
  • Frankenstein, Mary Shelley 
  • Inferno, Dante
  • The War of the Worlds, H.G.Wells
  • The Murders in the Rue Morgue and Other Tales, Edgar Allen Poe
  • Mary Barton, Elizabeth Gaskell
  • The Women in White, Wilkie Collins
  • Manfield Park, Jane Austen
  • The Red Room, H.G.Wells
  • Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen
  • Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen
  • Persuasion, Jane Austen

No comments:

Post a Comment