Wednesday 29 January 2014

January Book Haul

So one of my new years resolutions was to buy less books, and so far I have sort of stuck to that. I brought 4 books this month, which is a lot better form an average of 7 upwards!

I brought them in pairs, the first two I got when I was shopping with my friend- Jen- in our local bookshop, which I haven't been to in ages and its really nice in there :) Jen told me I was only allowed in if I promised not to buy anything; if not I had to stay outside in the pouring rain. But I found Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, which I have been meaning to read for an absolute age! Also The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, I really enjoy his writing and want to read more of it.

The last pair are the first two in a trilogy or series, I'm not sure. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and Hollow City both by Ransom Riggs, I have been dying to read this since Miss Peregrine's first came out, but seeing everyone get Hollow City on Booktube and stuff, I just... I caved. But they look beautiful and I can't wait to read them! No doubt I will do a review of them once I have read them.

Keep to your book buying limit this month? Bravo if you did, its difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment