Monday 3 August 2015

The Minimalist Book Tag

 Hello I thought I'd do another tag that I’ve seen floating around the internet recently which is the Minimalist Book tag which was created by Shannon Rose Reads. It is created with the idea of a minimalist lifestyle and there are 11 questions so I’m going to answer them now :)

1.Your all-time favourite book:  A Secret Countess by Eva Ibbotson. I’ve read this book so many times now and it is always the book I go to if I need to calm down. It is such a wonderful story.

2.A modern classic: The only “modern classic” I can think of is The Great Gatsby which I did enjoy studying last year, it is 1 of those books that as you pull it apart you fall in love with it even more.

3.A non-fiction book: Horrible Histories (Churchill) I hardly ever read non-fiction as I don’t really enjoy it that much but I do remember reading this again and again years ago when I got it out from the library.

4.A classic: North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I adore this book and there is so much too it, the romance, the social commentary, character development. There is a lot to sink your teeth into!

5.A graphic-novel: Again I haven’t read many of these but I recently The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage which followed the 2 Victorian inventors/mathematicians somewhat faithfully and it is such a fun read.

6.A book by an author you could not live without: Hands down this is Rainbow Rowell but choosing which of her books is harder… I think Landline is my favourite of them all.

7.A Series you couldn’t live without: I am going to have to go with Harry Potter for this no matter how predictable it is. I feel like every time I read it I come away noticing something new and it leaves me so happy.

8.A book you feel no house/home is complete without: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. This to me is such a brilliant book that so many- including me- love and I know I would hate to be without a copy!

9.A book with a pretty cover you could not live without: The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan. Obviously the story is the most important and this 1 is a corker but the cover is absolutely stunning and is also really suits the book.

10.A book on your TBR/wishlist you have not read yet: I’m very much looking forward to reading Villette by Charlotte Bronte, I really like Jane Eyre and I desperately want to read her other works. Plus I have a super pretty penguin English library of it.

11.BONUS CATEGORY: A YA book: Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I love all the Lunar Chronicles but the 1st is my favourite I was enchanted from the start.

And that is all the questions, they certainly got me thinking, do any of you have the same books as me?
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment