Wednesday 12 August 2015

T5W: Favourite Required Reading

Hello! This week’s top 5 Wednesday is all about required reading that you have to do for school and I haven’t actually done that much in my time but I can still make my list. I find a lot of the time that reading “for school” can take the fun out of things but at the same time it can open your eyes to book you may not have found otherwise.

  1. Edgar Allan Poe. 2 years ago in year 10 I believe I was asked to read  some Poe and though it was a little difficult to get into, I loved it, I don’t if I would have read any of his work if it wasn’t for that group.
  2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I am reading this this summer for the 2nd time as I will be studying it later this year. I can’t wait and school has given me the perfect excuse to re-read 1 of my favourite books!
  3. When I was little I had to reading to me parents and log in a diary for school but it got to the point where I just wanted to read by myself and when they finally said that I could do that I was stupidly happy, I’ve never much liked reading aloud.
  4. 1 of the best things is when you have already read the book you are asked to read because you can either leave it because you know it or give it a quick re-read. This happened with Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing last year, I’d already read it twice so I didn’t need to worry.
  5. Finally I want to talk about reading lists. I prefer to be given a big long list of things to choose from rather than a set list of a few because it means you can tailor the books to your own taste.
What are your views on required reading? Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey and if you want to join or find everyone else’s lists go to the goodreads group!
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment