Monday 30 June 2014

June Wrap-up & July TBR

So, June is gone. I have finished my GCSEs and left school, you would think I would've got a lot of reading done right? Wrong. My brain has impeccable timing and has decided to go into a slump. I just can't seem to pick up a book! I'm not sure why but it may be due to the fact that I am waiting for my most anticipated book of practically forever to arrive: The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick. When this comes in the post I am sure I will read it in a day! Anyway.... on with the wrap-up with a grand total of 1 book!

So in June I read This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. This was super light, fluffy adorable read about 2 people who end up being anomalous pen-pals due to a miss sent email and the complications of them meeting in real life. The boy constantly in the spotlight and the girl desperately trying to escape it. I am writing a review in the next couple of days so keep you eye out for that. I gave this book 4 stars.


I am currently reading 3 other books in an attempt to get myself reading and they are:
  • Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
  • The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson 
  • Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
My plan for July is to finish these 3 and then also read The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet; beyond that I am leaving it open. However I am getting Landline by Rainbow Rowell near the end of the month, I will probably read that too. Did you read any good books in June?

Speak soon,
Jade xx


No comments:

Post a Comment