Saturday 21 June 2014

Haul.

I know I said there wouldn't be another but I got sad. When I get sad I buy books. So yeah...

Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira. I spoke about this in my may wrap-up. So go and look at that to know more it is a really good meaty book.

This is What Happy Looks Like & The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith. Both of these are light, fluffy, summery reads. I've already read This is What Happy Looks Like and it was adorable!

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. This set in an office where a boy falls for a girl through reading her emails to her friend. Sounds a bit odd but good odd. Plus its by Rainbow Rowell and I would read her shopping lists so I can't wait to dive into this.

Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly. This is the 1st book in the Waterfire Saga. It is a mermaid book where I believe the world is in trouble and a group of mermaids from all over the world have to save their home. Its sounds awesome and I love mermaid books!

Emma by Jane Austen. This I kind of already have a copy of but it is technically my Mum's and this edition is beautiful! It is a Penguin Threads book, I love it to pieces and it is in pride of place on my shelf. Also I need to read more Austen because I just love her writing style.

A collection of poems by Emily Dickinson. I have wanted to read more of Emily Dickinson's poems for a while now and I don't know what it is about her short, broken poems. I just find them very intriguing.

Lastly I got The Quotable Winston Churchill, a collection of wit and wisdom. This is a cute pocket-sized book with all things Winston. Every since I was little I have been fascinated by Churchill and I think he was so awesome. I think this tiny book will be good for when I need encouragement and inspiration.

So they are the books I have accumulated since my last book haul. I know I will be getting around 3-4 books before I go off to America and buy all the books! (well not quite all but you know what I mean) But I think I will just do 1 big summer haul just before I go back to school and leave it at that.

Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment