Sunday 29 June 2014

Independent Bookshop Week!

Independent Bookseller Week is upon us! (28th June-5th July) So this week is dedicated to celebrating independent bookshops. There are some lovely places across the UK and it is so important to support them. Don't get me wrong I love going into Waterstones but I want to make a concious effort to support my local bookshop- Hunts- and any others I see on my travels more than I have done.

There are many events happening over the UK over this week and I will leave the website at the end for you to check out all the things, but I am going to talk about the one I am planning to take part in. To end the week with a bang on 5th July the Bookshop Crawl will be taking place over the course of the day. Basically you visit as many participating bookshops as possible on that day, collect stickers and post pictures online using #bookshopcrawl to spread the word.

If you want you can blog or vlog or both (like me) to shout it out from the rooftops so to speak ;) By posting about your day you could also win an awesome prize. Based on the amount of stickers and the quality of your blogs/vlogs you could win the complete Adult and Children's IBW Book Award shortlist,  National BookTokens worth £50, and a banner for blogs or social media designed for the lucky winner.

So fun stuff all round! If you are taking part in this adventure do let me know, and look out for a follow up on what I got up to on the day :)

Speak soon,
Jade x
x

P.S here is the website xx

No comments:

Post a Comment