Monday 21 April 2014

A Catch up.

Since its been a while since I posted excluding my Easter TBR, I thought it might make sense to just clue you in on what I have read over the past few months. Before I get into it though a little pre-warning that some of these books may cross over into my April Wrap-up when I do that at the end of the month.

1. Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I went into this without really knowing what it was about over than the concept (with was awesome! the photos slotted into the story perfectly). But the storyline and characters were really cool too. I liked the sense of adventure and gave it 4 stars.

2.Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I flew through this and it is the first vampire novel I have enjoyed. I was surprised at how complex and deep the world, characters and especially the relationships. I gave this one 4 stars. I wanted to read it so I could go see the movie but of course that fell flat on its face. Anyone in the UK actually know if it will be showing at all in the UK? If so please tell me!

3. Paper Towns by John Green. I had high expectations for this book and though it wasn't as good as John's other books I still enjoyed it. But I found the middle a little slow and the ending plot wise odd however philosophically I really connected to it. Again 4 stars.

4.Divergent by Veronica Roth. Been meaning to read this for ages and the movie kicked my butt into gear. I had a very mixed relationship with this book. I found it slow and the characters a bit flat but at the same time I couldn't put it down and the world I loved. I gave it 4 stars on goodreads but I think really I'd say 3.5 stars and the film was good too, but I think it could of done with a bit more romance. I thought the book had got a really good balance of action and romance and the film didn't keep that unfortunately.

5.Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This one I am doing a review for later on so won't talk about it that much but lets put it this way I read it in less than 24 hours! And I also read the 3 short stories that go with the Lunar Chronicles too.

So that's it! Not that many I know but they were all pretty good :)

Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment