Saturday 31 October 2015

October Wrap-up

Happy Halloween! Today I bring you something that isn't really related to Halloween but we'll live. It is time to tell you about all the books I read in October, I probably won't go into too much detail as I'm planning to write up a few reviews of these:

  • The Epic Adventures of Lydia Bennet, Rachel Kiley & Kate Rorick- I have been waiting for this for ages, I loved the Lizzie Bennet Diaries (check it out on youtube if you don't know what it is) to bits so any continuation is brilliant. This follows Lydia right after the videos ended and it is a tough read, I got very, very emotional but I loved it! 
  • Jane Eyre (play), devised by the company- The National Theatre are doing Jane Eyre at the mo and after seeing it with school I got the script and tore it apart (figuratively of course) I scribbled all over it which is something I love to do sometimes. 
  • Persuasion, Jane Austen- I finally got my hands on this and it didn't quite beat Pride and Prejudice but it was flippin' close. I adore the witty mocking of society but also the romance between Anne and Wentworth. Jane Austen was a wonder at writing.


Currently Reading:

  • Dracula, Bram Stoker- I thought I should read something gothic this month and so fair I'm really enjoying it.
  • Carry On, Rainbow Rowell- I've waited for this book for ages too as Rainbow Rowell is one of my favourite authors and it is good but I'm yet to be entirely grip which makes me extremely sad but there is still plenty of pages for that to change.
  • Grimm Tales, Philip Pullman- I adore the simplicity and charm of fairy tales so I am slowly making my way through this collection.
I hardly read anything from my TBR but I read more that last month which is great, I've also been doing a ton for school also!
Speak soon, 
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment