Saturday 10 October 2015

Finding Time to Read.

Hello lovelies! Today I wanted to talk to you about finding time to read. If you look at my August wrap-up and my September wrap-up you will see a pretty big difference in the number of things read; purely down to school starting. Nowadays I find that from 8:30-5:30 or later I don't stop and then I just crash, go on the internet and sleep. If I pick up a book I will enjoy it and be captivated but it is getting myself to pick up a book! It's very frustrating because I love reading and want to read but right now it isn't happening and I had the same problem last year.

I've decided to combat this and if you have any ways that you deal with this I would love to know but some of the things I'm going to try are:

  1. Carrying a book with me everywhere- I used to this and I stopped especially for school which means at work when I could read I can't because I don't have a book. (sidenote, I go straight from school to work)
  2. Challenging myself to read everyday in October even if it is just 2 pages!
  3. Making sure I'm picking books that I really, really want to read, otherwise I won't be motivated.
  4. Listening to audiobooks when I'm walking places and doing jobs round the house as this is a really easy way to get through a book!
Hopefully this month I can get back into reading because I miss it plus as an literature student I really should reading a ton!
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment