Saturday 17 October 2015

Why I Love Classics!

Hello lovelies! I've got something a little different today but it is something I really wanted to say. Since last year I have been taking Classical Civilisation at a-level. When I started to think about where I was going to go and what I was going to take at the end of my GCSE (I had to move as my school didn't have a 6th form) I saw classical civilisation as one of the offered subjects at my prefered school to move to, so I went to the introduction of it on the open evening was interested so put it down. Then when I started in September I completely fell in love!

Classics is the study of the ancient world in Year 12 for me I'm studying the Greece side via Homer's Odyssey and Greek Tragedy but the course is so varied that it depends where you are. It is a mash up of history and english as you are learning about the culture and myth through the analysis of the texts.

I'm basically writing this post because with me I just discovered it by chance and I know that not many schools offer this subject but if yours does then I strongly urge you to check it out especially if you like english and history. It is such an interesting subject with so much to it and I am so glad that I am taking it and planning to maybe continue it on at university.

If you have the chance to study classics then please give it a go because it seems everyone that do falls in love with it yet it is such an unknown subject!
Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment