Sunday 2 November 2014

Book Haul #7

Happy November! This is the time where I allow myself to be festive because October is too early. So while I'm sitting here in this lovely gloomy weather I thought I would write you guys a book haul cause I got some books last week!

First of on Wednesday I went into Windsor- which is one of my favourite places- and I picked up Wonder by J R Palacio. This is the book for the book club at school so I need to get this read stat! I don't know what it is about really so this is what it says on the back: "My name is August. I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse." Sound super heartwrenching and good right!

I also got given an unloved book from my cousin and that is The Guest Cat by Takashi Hiraide. This has an amazing cover with this foil cat eyes that catch the light, I think this is another sad 1.

Then I ordered some books off waterstones and just a sidenote their service was brilliant I ordered them Thursday morning and got them Friday afternoon! I mean I doubt it is always like that but wow! Also waterstones have a discount code at the mo: 10% off orders over £30- NB1030. Anyway this is what I ordered:

  • One Man Two Guvnors, Richard Bean. I am studying this at school soon so needing it in my collection. It is a play and I saw it back in September, it is absolutely brilliant! Serious if you can go see it!
  • Weird  Things Costumers Say In Bookshops, Jen Campbell. This is self-explanatory
  • Dracula,  Bram Stoker. Frankenstein, Mary Shelley and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Robert Louis Stevenson. All these are Penguin English Libraries and are utterly beautiful as always.
And thats it! I had a bit of a spree as you can see so I think its save to say no books till Christmas! If you've read any of these I would really like to know your thoughts :)

Speak soon,
Jade xx



No comments:

Post a Comment