Monday 5 May 2014

Collective Book Haul

Over the past couple of months that I have been away from here I have collected a few books, but I think I have been quite good. Not too many though :) So on with the books! :D



  • Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. The 2nd in The Infernal Devices trilogy; I'm looking forward to continuing on with it. 
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. You've probably heard of this one but very, very briefly it is about a girl in Nazi Germany.
  • Paper Towns by John Green. Q and Margo have a night full of adventure, but then the next day Margo disappears and puzzles and roadtrips ensue to find her. 
  • Mystic City by Theo Lawrence. This I picked up on a whim, It seems like a more modern Romeo & Juliet but Juliet no longer loves Romeo as she has lost her memory, so that sounds a bit of a mess. But a mess that could make a good story.
  • Vampire Academy & Frostbite by Richelle Mead. I bought these about a month apart. But I brought the 1st book so I could read it before the movie- of course I now have plenty of time as they aren't releasing it over here till early July it seems. I'm just so desperate to see that film!
  • Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I already have an edition of this in a bind up with Persuasion but it was published in 1933 and I am scared of damaging it as every time I open it it creaks. So I brought a lovely English Library edition to match my others. 
  • Northanger Abbey by Val McDermid. This is the Austen Project modern version 1 I talked about in my Easter TBR. I'm going to have a bit of a Northanger Abbey fest :)
So they are all the books I've collected since January, a little more than I would have liked, but oh well. This is probably the last haul you'll see for a while as I have to save up for my holiday to America instead of buying books; it is a sacrifice I am willing to make! :)

Jade xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment