Thursday 1 May 2014

April Wrap-up

April was a pretty good month, even though I had a lot of work to do thankfully I had time to read during Easter. I finished 10 books in April, granted 6 of those were pretty short but I'm still proud of it :) So the books are:


  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer- I adored this book! I did a spoiler free review earlier this month if you want to now my thoughts in more depth. As well as this I read 3 novellas that go with this series all of which I enjoyed:
  • Glitches
  • The Little Android
  • The Queen's Army  (I gave all of these 5 stars)


  • After I read Miki Falls Spring and Summer both by Mark Crilley. These are the first 2 of a series of 4 graphic novels and were re-reads for me. I liked them but unfortunately I didn't like them as much as I did the first time around. I don't really know why I just wasn't as interested in Miki's story. I'd say 2 stars... its rare I go that low but the first time I read it I believe I gave it 3.5 so I did enjoy it last time. 
  • Frostbite by Richelle Mead, I flew through most of this book during the readathon on Saturday. It was really good and I'm planning to do a full review soon. But anyone who is iffy about reading this as its vampires, I urge you to pick it up because I had that feeling and this is these are the 1st Vampire books I've enjoyed!
  • Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. This was also a re-read and I only read it due to the fact it is 1 of my texts for GCSE. I loathe this book so much! 1 day I may go into detail as to why. 
  • Women in Black by Susan Hill. This was my 3rd time reading this book and again it was for my GCSE. However I do like this book; its well written and pretty interesting so I didn't mind it as much.
  • Lastly I just want to mention The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I haven't finished this yet but I have read a good chunk of it this month and I really, really like it. It is beautifully and uniquely written and I will probably finish it very soon and then I'll post a review on here a bit later. 
All in all a collection of pretty good books mostly :) I think Cinder was my favourite this month what was yours?

Speak soon,
Jade xx

No comments:

Post a Comment