Saturday 1 February 2014

Trip to the Library

So I decided that I need to use my local library more, I haven't for quite a few months and that was- I believe- for history research. My library is very modern, as in the building is a bit of a strange shape (I put that down to the fact that it's an art gallery too). Despite the outside it is still nice and cosy, especially the children section, I loved that as a kid!

I find that libraries are  a great concept but I already have loads of books to read at home. Sooooo, I am going to get graphic novels and mangas. I've read a few and liked them but they can be a bit pricey and the don't take very long to read at all, getting them at the library solves this little war I have inside me of not warranting them but also wanting to read them. (At least the idea was just graphic novels...)

So I went online and had a look at their collection thinking I would reserve them. However that didn't go very smoothly, I tried to log on to my account but since I couldn't remember my pin, I may or may not have tried too many times and gotten my account disabled :/ Yay for my stupidity!

This lead to a blurry eyed me early Saturday morning walking through the doors. I had a list of books that looked good and was hoping to find, but first I figured I should fix my membership considering I was dumb enough to lock it. To honest it was really simple, it was literally a click of a button!

Afterwards it was book hunting time! I only found 2 books that I checked out: The Last Temptation by Neil Gaimen and Michael Zulli; this I wasn't sure on and have since started and decided that it isn't really my cup of tea. But that is the beauty of libraries, I have lost nothing by taking it out and not reading it. Then I picked up Sanditon by Jane Austen which is only short an shouldn't take me long.

I'm going to make this a regular thing, but now I know my pin for my account I think I will reserve some books online and pick them up there as well as hunting for them to make it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment