Monday 4 November 2013

October Wrap-up



Hi everyone! So today I bring you the books I read in October:

1. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell- This book took me WAY too long to read (3months!) I’m not sure why really because I really enjoyed it, but I had a lot going on and I was reading other books too-that were a bit more exciting- so it got put on the back burner. I picked it up due to the BBC miniseries which I adore and am actually watching right now; I have learned that it isn’t a very faithful adaptation but I love them both so much! I gave North and South 4 stars J

2. Much ado about Nothing by William Shakespeare- This was my first experience of an eBook, and I like them. They are very practical and easy to read but I must admit I much prefer a physical book. I read this play for the first time when I studied it in year 9 (I think, it may have been yr 8) which I enjoyed but sometimes I think you can over analyse a book so it was nice to just read it. I gave Much ado 3 stars J

3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- This book has had so much hype on the interwebs, and rightly so I say. I LOVED this book and this was my favourite read this month without a doubt. It was just so light and heart-warming. It was exactly what I was in the mood for and I’m planning to post a review soon. I gave Fangirl 5 stars J

4. The Legend of the Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving- I got this story a long time ago because my favourite trilogy- The Hollow by Jessica Verday- is based on it. The writing style is a little hard to get into as it is quite wordy and the descriptions were long but I did enjoy it. I also finished this on Halloween which was fitting because it got very tense and spooky at times! I gave Sleepy Hollow 3 stars also J




I don’t have a very set list for what I am reading this month, but currently I’m on The Iron King by Julie
Kagawa- which I am really liking at the mo, and then I will go onto The Lunatics Curse by F.E. Higgins. After that, well we will just have to wait and see! What did you read in October, anything good? 




No comments:

Post a Comment